I suggest you ...

Script Dml Triggers separately to the parent Table

Currently, whenever a table is select for import, DML triggers attached that table will be included in the generated script. In some circumstances, it may be desirable to handle the importing of DML triggers independently of the table, e.g. to allow specific triggers to be excluded with the ExcludeObjectsFromImport project setting.

Additionally, when writing to the Offline Schema Model (Schema-Model project sub folder), ReadyRoll currently stores the DML triggers within the table definition, whereas this type of object would be more appropriately handled as a Programmable Object.

The current limitation that is preventing this from being implemented is that the SQL Compare engine, which ReadyRoll relies on for script generation, treats DML triggers as sub-objects of a table. Please vote for this item if you would like to help us build a case to have DML triggers supported as first-class objects in the SQL Compare engine.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ReadyRollAdminReadyRoll (SQL Project Tools, ReadyRoll) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...