I suggest you ...

Deploy specific version of project to target environment

From AlexMBanks (posted on the product forum: https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/81494/can-i-deploy-a-specific-version-of-my-readyroll-project )

If I have multiple SemVer folders in my project for different releases (say, 1.0.0, 2.0.0, 3.0.0), is it possible to deploy a specific version? For example, if we think a bug might be present in v2 but not v3, we may want to deploy both to compare and test.

The only workaround I can think of would be to check out the correct revisions from source control (easier if tagged, but they may not be), then build packages for each and deploy those. But it's not very convenient, especially as the project already includes all scripts for all releases. This also gets more difficult to manage on a build/deploy server.

Side note: I suppose using Programmable Objects would make this harder, as the project would only have a record of the latest (v3) scripts, not the v2 ones. But if we weren't using this feature and managing everything in ALTERs, it shouldn't make a difference, is that right?

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ReadyRollAdminReadyRoll (SQL Project Tools, ReadyRoll) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...